Version v2013R2 – August 16 2013
In this version, we improved a lot our Java Word to PDF conversion library internally. We no longer have 2 different sets of rendering code for the 2 distinct formats:
- Word 97-2003 (.doc)
- Word 2007-10 (.docx)
We implemented a common document object model for the 2 PDF converters. This allows more consistency in terms of features supported among the 2 formats and makes it easier to add more features in the future.
The Word 97-2003 (.doc) converter was basically rebuilt to use the other converter and we may have introduced a few regression bugs in the process. We already have heard of 3, and will put a minor release to fix all these soon.
4089 Implement paragraph borders and character run borders for both DocX and Word97.4099 Support for Nested tables in Word97 documents.
3807 Handle background colors for vertically merged table cells.
4090 Better support for floating tables and images.
1548 Link placement improved, especially for image links and wrapped links.
3807 Fixed StringIndexOutOfBoundsException in vertically merged table cells.
Version v2013R1 – March 29, 2013
3604 Support for checkboxes (FORMCHECKBOX) fields in .doc files.
3683, 3757, 2833, 2791 Table improvements:
- first row’s color
- ‘\f’ (for new page) is ignored inside of tables
- auto text color value to be readable on background color
- carriage returns at the end of a table cell
- improved table border widths and location
2833 Improved support for header and footers: page numbers, different headers for different sections, drawn-objects.
2905 Support for paragraph borders’ color.
3527, 3759 Support wrap-around and absolutely positioned elements such as “text wrap around set” and absolutely positioned “text frame”.
3643 Right aligned tab stops weren’t accounting for a subsequent image’s width.
2791 Support for field type called “MacroButton”.
3242 Don’t fail on documents with no section properties defined. Use default values for page dimensions and margins. The latest version from the Apache POI library was initializing those values in the ctor.
3730 Fixed rendering issue of bulleted items.
3429 Handle empty text element: <w:t/>
3543 Handle invalid list entries referencing list formats that don’t exist in the document. The Apache POI library was not checking for this and was throwing IndexOutOfBoundsExceptions.
2863 ListLevel method getNumberText, just returns an empty string if _numberText is null.
Version v2.1 – March 6, 2012
- Support for additional image types
- Support for border widths in tables
- Support for lines, rectangle and elliptical shapes
- Support for fully justified list paragraphs
- Support for enSpace character
- Paragraph borders
- Justified text in table cells
- Fixes with tab handling
- Better positioning of images
- Fix to lists that start at a level other than 0
- Fix to header / footer positioning
Version v2.0 – Oct 21, 2011
- Support for Word 2007-10 (.docx) documents
- Convert and merge multiple documents
- Better handling of missing fonts
- Better handling of table cells and alignment
Version v1.2 – June 15, 2011
- Paragraph shading – before only handled shading on tables
- More Fields Handled – DATE, NUMPAGES, FILENAME fields
- Support for Having Different Header/Footers on Different Pages
- More Accurate Vertical Spacing: Support for Auto Spacing and Multiline Spacing options. Also improved handling of text ascent, leading and descent values
- Improved Handling of Tabs: Added support for Tabs that are outside of the right margin. Also existing Tab information is handled more accurately
- Improved Handling of Multiple Font Sizes on a Single Line
- Image Placement is better handled: Before images didn’t check for proximity to the end of the page before being drawn.
- Improved Handling of Tables in Headers/Footers
- Improved Vertical and Horizontal Alignment in Tables – Dealing with Tabs and Lists in tables, and included top/bottom margins in cells.
- Improved Handling of Nested Lists
- Fixed issue with borders on vertically merged cells
- Fixed handling of unsupported fields
- Fixed some exception handling and out of bounds issues
- Fixed issue of getting the right font info for list numberings
- Internal bug fixes and enhancements.