Q: How can I unsign an existing jar file?
A: Follow the steps below to remove a signature from a jar file
- Open the jar using WinRar or Winzip (jars are actually zip files)
- Go into the META-INF directory
- Delete all files (*.SF, *.RSA) but keep MANIFEST-MF.
- Open the MANIFEST.MF and Remove all entries below the line that reads “Codebase: *” (they are the entries that are signature related, see screenshot.
- Save and close the MANIFEST.MF file (you will be prompted to update it in the bundle and should respond yes.)