The following documents can not be converted to PDF/A:
- When the PDF document contains non-embedded, non standard system fonts, the library will try to find the font or a substitute font on the system and embed it. Sometimes the library may not find any adequate substitute font for embedding.
- The PDF document is secured / encrypted with passwords and permissions. Workaround: Clear any security on a document before running PDF/A conversion.
- The PDF documents has user rights enabled. Workaround: Clear user rights before running PDF/A conversion.
- The PDF document contains a digital signature. Converting to PDF/A would invalidate any digital signature. Workaround: Clear or remove digital signature fields before running PDF/A conversion.
- The PDF document contains unsupported PDF commands or operators. Workaround: Fix the content.