The Java Console will log the Java version, the user home directory, and any error message that occurs while running an applet.
Please find instructions below to enable / show the Java Console.
On Windows, you can enable the Java Console using the Java Control Panel (Method 1) or the Java icon displayed in the Windows system tray (Method 2).
Method 1 (Windows)
- Click Start
- Select Control Panel.
- Double-click the Java icon in the control panel
Click on Program and then on the Java icon
- Click the Advance tab.
- Click on the sign
- Select Show Console and click Apply.
Method 2 (Windows)
- Locate Java icon from the System tray on lower right hand side of screen.
- Right click on Java icon
- Select Open Console.
- Open the Terminal Window.
- Go to the Java installation directory.
cd /java/jre1.6.0_24(Change the name of the directory to where you have installed the Java)
- Open the Java Control Panel. Type:
- You can also open the Java Control Panel through your browser. Launch Netscape or Mozilla. Open the ControlPanel.html file which usually is found in the $JAVA_HOME/jre/ directory
- In the Java Control Panel, click the Basic tab.
- Select Show Console radio button.
- Click the Apply button.