When running in demo mode, a watermark will be added to documents upon saving them. To run in full production mode, PDF Automation Server needs to be activated with a license key. If you have not yet purchased a license you can do so by going to https://www.qoppa.com/pdfautomation/buy/ or clicking on the “Buy Now” button in the startup dialog of PAS Manager. Otherwise follow the steps below to activate your product.
Step 1: Generating a License Request
After you make your purchase, you will need to first generate a license request so that the license key can be created for the specific server. To generate a license request follow the steps below.
- Start PAS Manager and connect to the server that needs to be registered. (See Getting Started with PAS for more info)
- Once connected to the server you will see the Registration dialog. Click on “Register”
- Choose to either “Generate and save request” or “Generate and email request”. and then click on “Generate”
- Generate and Save Request: Use this option if you do not have a connection to the internet. This will generate the license request file that you will then need to send to Qoppa via email to firstname.lastname@example.org for your license to be generated.
- Generate and Email Request: Use this option if you have connection to the internet. This will generate and email the license info directly to Qoppa. Make sure to enter your correct email address in the following screen when sending the request as this is what will be used to validate your purchase and send back the license key.
Step 2: Activating / Registering PAS
Once you receive the license.xml file, launch the PAS Manager, and a dialog will show up where you can click on the “Register” button.
Then click “Upload License file” and select “license.xml”
Once the license is validated, it will show “License status: Valid” confirming that PAS is now activated.