Version number: v2013R1
Java PDF Libraries: jPDFProcess, jPDFAssemble, jPDFFields, jPDFImages, jPDFPrint, jPDFSecure, jPDFText
Time Stamp Server for Digital Signatures – [jPDFProcess, jPDFSecure, jPDFPrint, jPDFImages]
Timestamps for PDF digital signatures are now supported.
- [jPDFProcess, jPDFSecure, jPDFPrint, jPDFImages] Digital signatures which use a time-stamp server can now be verified by Qoppa’s PDF engine. The Signature validity and messages will include the time-stamp information.
- [jPDFProcess, jPDFSecure] It is possible now possible to add a digital signature with time-stamp coming from a time-stamp server. The time stamp is encapsulated essentially in another certificate which is signed with the certificate of the time stamp server company and contains both the customer’s and the server’s signatures.
- Form field calculations to automatically compute the value of given fields from other fields.
- Form field validation to prevent invalid data entry and ensure that all required fields are filled in.
- Form field formatting to facilitate the capture of special fields such as dates, social security numbers, postal codes, phone numbers, etc…
Enhancements and Fixes:
[jPDFProcess] 483 Text highlights now have rounded corners on the left and right sides. This gives the highlights a crisper, professional look.
[jPDFProcess] 2238 API now allows rotation of rubber stamps. See setRotation in RubberStamp. This method should be called before adding the stamp. The rotation will only be used to create the appearance stream of the stamp but is not saved as part with the document. This feature has been available since the previous release but was not announced then.
[jPDFProcess, jPDFFields] 2869 API now allows adding images to interactive button fields (see PushButtonField).
[jPDFProcess, jPDFPrint, jPDFImages] 2576 Fix Ubuntu and Mac + Java 1.7 text markup issue.
[jPDProcess, jPDFFields] 2553, 2517 Issue with rotation, form fields and flattening.
[jPDFProcess, jPDFPrint, jPDFImages] 1159, 3479, 3644, 3489 Fixes font issues (CID, Type3, German)
[jPDFProcess, jPDFAssemble] 2817, 3401, 3348 Fixed issues with merging documents.
[jPDFProcess, jPDFPrint, jPDFImages, jPDFSecure] 3104 Libraries have been tested with the latest version of the Bouncy castle libraries (used for encryption).
[jPDFProcess, jPDFAssemble] 2403 Handle bookmarks with contain only 2 items in the destinations: pageref and FitH, no “top” value.
[jPDFProcess] 3618 Fix null pointer exception when importing an FDF file created from PDF annotated with Adobe XI under specific circumstances (after adding a review status then deleting an annotation).
[All Libraries] 2728, 2766 Fixes related to specific documents.
[jPDFProcess, jPDFFields] 2288 For barcode fields which type is not supported in Qoppa’s PDF engine, a message is shown “barcode type not found”. In previous versions, the message would be written in the file when saving the document.